The hub of each Base 11 Regional Ecosystem is a Base 11 Innovation Center, where students gain hands-on STEM skills using industry-quality technology and equipment that they otherwise would not have access to.
Base 11 Innovation Centers are currently open in:
- Southern California, in Irvine and Compton
- Northern California, at Skyline Community College
- Phoenix, at South Mountain Community College
Local colleges and universities, regional employers, and STEM-focused foundations utilize the Base 11 Innovation Center for academic courses, reverse-engineered training programs, industry-sponsored student challenges, internships, events and recruitment opportunities.
As MIT-inspired Fab Labs, Innovation Centers include the following equipment:
- 3D printers
- Computer-controlled laser-cutter
- Large computer-operated milling machine
- Precision milling machine (micron resolution)
- Vinyl cutters
- Programming stations
- Testing stations
“Base 11 has brought a tremendous array of resources to Skyline College that most community college students would never have access to. By bringing Ivy League-quality resources to our campus, we are leveling the playing field for students.” — Regina Stanback Stroud, Ed.D. President, Skyline College