Oftentimes, the distance between dreaming a dream and acquiring it is simply gaining the inspiration needed to do so. Throughout any career path there are roadblocks and struggles, so having something to fall back on that protects your hope for the future is fundamental. This could come in the form of a person, an activity, a personal belief or even the personal beliefs that got so many other people like yourself through. While the utopian version of your STEM career may not yet be fully thriving, the hopeful future from other leaders who believe in what is possible can renew your faith, or ignite new inspiration. Carry these inspiring quotes from STEM leaders with you on your STEM journey.
- “People ask me all the time: ‘What is it like to be a woman at Google?’ I’m not a woman at Google, I’m a geek at Google. And being a geek is just great. “I’m a geek, I like to code, I even like to use spreadsheets when I cook.” Marissa Mayer
- “Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” -Marie Curie
- “That reality for a kid to want to do music and have it as a business, the way it was yesterday isn’t the same. Touring still exists. Sharing is important. But monetizing it? I don’t know. That’s why it’s so important for me to tell the kids, “I got a little secret for you guys. Be scientists. Be technicians. Be engineers. Be mathematicians. Create new jobs in the future.” Ain’t nobody gonna tell you that. I’m tellin’ you that. That’s what this is about.” Will.I.Am
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” Steve Jobs
- “Being a scientist is like being in love with every aspect of the universe.” Dr. Mayim Bialik, Ph.D
- “I don’t believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can’t sit still.” Ashton Kutcher
- “The strongest thing you can cultivate as an entrepreneur is to not rely on luck but cultivating an ability to recognize fortunate situations when they are occurring.” Jack Dorsey
- “Everyone tells you how they are going to be “special”, but few do the work to get there. Do the work.” Mark Cuban
- “Don’t worry, be crappy. Revolutionary means you ship and then test… Lots of things made the first Mac in 1984 a piece of crap – but it was a revolutionary piece of crap.” Guy Kawasaki
- “Solve a real problem and the world is yours.” Aaron Patzer
If you have an inspirational quote to add, please send it our way. We’ll be sure to add it to our list and share it with the Base 11 community.